Friday, July 8, 2011

Outside the Comfort Zone

I'm not really sure what happened. It really just sneaked (snuck??) up on me.

I got a call from a friend, who is organizing youth functions for our church.

"Diane, I have a need, and your name just keeps coming to mind. I was wondering if you would be willing to work on the cooking team for the mid-high mission trip next week."

Hmmm. Let me think. I am pretty free these days, but I have a Pampered Chef party next Friday at my house... (which my husband is secretly looking forward to, because it means the house will be clean...)

We will be back in time for that? Well, let me see if I can arrange childcare.

*Childcare mysteriously falls into place...

Okay, I'm in.

"Good, you will be feeding fifty people, and I need a menu and grocery list as soon as possible."

WHAT?!?!?! I thought I was just going to be HELPING, not PLANNING!!

I am NOT A PLANNER!!

*Groan... opens excel to build a menu spreadsheet...
Photobucket

No comments: