Tuesday, February 2, 2010

WHERE'S that Easy Button?

Wouldn't it be just dandy if there was an easy answer to all of life's big questions: if there were verses in the Bible that clearly stated what to do...

Thou shalt have dinner at Chili's tonight, and order the sirloin cooked medium rare with a side of mashed potatoes and gravy (light on the pepper) and corn on the cob.

Thou shalt not forget to charge thy Zune before you go work out today.

Thou shalt....

Thou shalt not...

How easy our lives would be then.

But alas, this is not always the case. Sometimes decisions come our way which have no perfect answer. Some of these decisions are even fraught with hefty costs and benefits, neither outweighing the other.

I got some news today that I have secretly wanted to hear, but been afraid that if I heard it that I'd be forced to make a decision that would certainly mean upheaval of my life as I know it. And the lives of my children. My husband's life would be changed little, except in the fact that his whole family had been upended.

It would have been great if I'd heard a "Thou shalt" or "Thou shalt not" from him, too, but he's just being supportive of me while I wait for details. Such a slacker.

Meanwhile, I had to leave home today, thinking about this decision, praying about this decision, and forgot my phone.

No worries. I figured, I'd get on the treadmill, plug my ears with headphones, crank up the tunes and worship.

D-E-A-D, dead Zune.

Okay, God! I get it. Be still and know...

Here am I Lord. Speak.
Photobucket

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

don't know what it's about, but we are praying for you.

Tina said...

Waiting and praying with you, friend.

Joanna said...

You're seriously going to leave me hanging like that? ;)