Thursday, June 17, 2010

Patience, the missing virtue

Yes, I know that you already know it. I am NOT a patient person.

But when the lady from FedEx tells me she will call, I expect a call. I wait around by the phone, like a girl waiting for a boy to call.

The phone does not ring.

Ring, phone. Ring.

*silence*

I flip through the caller ID, looking for the number.

I find it.

Would it be right to call?

I could just act like I missed a call...
But that wouldn't be honest.

Honesty is the best policy.

I know patience is a virtue. I know.

Shut up.

So I ask my BFF if calling might be running ahead of God.

She thinks so.

I ask my pastor's wife if it would be running ahead of God.

She thinks it's a great idea actually.

I ask my husband if he thinks it would be running ahead of God.

He finally caves and says to call on Friday, if they don't call Thursday.

But then he warns me that I might not like what I get if I make that call.

So still I fret. Still I pray that God would help me not run ahead of Him.

Then I ask a good friend who works within the company. (no, I don't think she is going to do anything to help. She works in a totally different division. I just need her perspective, as one who works for this giant mega-machine)

She says that showing initiative in this job market is actually a good idea, and suggests I call.

So I do.
(to be continued...)
Photobucket

1 comment:

Joanna said...

You are such a tease!