Sunday, August 2, 2009

Coming out of Going into the closet

After much hard work and preparation, our classroom is finally finished. I would have liked to have painted the room, but money is tight these days, and I needed to get other things.
Like books.
We have an actual school table and chairs. They came from a public school that was being demolished. I also have a few desks and some pull-down maps (that still need to be hung... Oh, ShaaaaaaaaAAAAwwwwn!) that came from the school.
I like having a room to school in, so it is all contained.
Boy, Howdy! Is it contained!
On the end of the room is a wall with three doorless closets, in the middle of which is my computer desk. The other two have been storing two of the student desks, among other things. On a wild hunch, I emptied these closets, turned the desks sideways, hung a few shelves and a light in each, and ta-da! They are cubicles! (complete with curtains so that at the end of the day, the chairs gets pushed in, the rolling drawers slide behind the chairs, the curtains get pulled shut, and I DON'T HAVE TO LOOK AT THEM!!!!)
So tomorrow we begin.

BRING IT.
Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW school desks and all!!! (wish we could have something like that!)I hope you have a wonderful 1st week of school!!! I'm praying for you!