Thursday, October 1, 2009

Autumn breeze

Oh, the sounds of living in the woods! It has been so beautiful this week that I have left the windows open, morning and night. I LOVE living in the forest! The birds, the trees, the crickets, the frogs, the barking neighbor's dogs..... Okay, so not-so-much loving the barking dogs.
I found some gorgeous mums at the local nursery to plant in the concrete planters that I was given. I don't have a green thumb AT ALL, but you just can't go wrong on a good mum. I think I'm gonna go get a couple more today and plant them in the brick pillars out front.
The smell of burning leaves wafts through the house occasionally. Fresh, clean air is filling every corner, and the coolness has me wearing fuzzy slippers again.
Oh, fall! Beautiful autumn that changes leaves from monochromatic to an artist's palette! Only God could have created such a wonderful season!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

I love this time of year! Haven't heard from you in a while, thought I would drop by and say hello! For the reasons who mentioned in your last post. I've never joined Facebook, because I know it would take up even more of my time. (I'm saying hi between laundry and making supper!) Take care!

Anonymous said...

I am glad to know SOMEBODY likes living in the woods! (It isn't me!!) Nature sounds freak me lots more than people sounds. :)