Thursday, August 28, 2008

Dreaming the impossible dream

I am a bundle of nerves. I can't go to bed, much less sleep right now. Shawn and I made an offer on a house today.
I have been mentally arranging furniture, trying to figure out where to put my dishes in the cupboards, imagining.
Just imagining.
This house is so big I am not sure where to have school. Do we set up class in the bright, cheery sunroom? Or do we go with the room that's technically a formal living room? Perhaps we should use the office that is attached to the carport. Or maybe even the little building down the hill in the backyard that looks like a little school house. But there's no bathroom there, and my common-sense sister reminded me that walking to school in the rain might get old.
The kitchen is HUGE, and the old cupboards, notice I didn't say cabinets, are plentiful. The pantry is amazing, with even an outlet in it.
It was built in '76, and is right out of the era, but I love it. It smells like an old house, but in a good way.
It sits on 2.25 acres of trees in a variety of species. I noticed pecan, pine, magnolia, tulip, dogwood, and I don't know how many others. By the time we get the property cleaned up to its potential glory, It'll look like a park.
We'd be on the inside of a cove with one other house, right across the street from the neighborhood lake. I would never have to wonder where my son was. If his fishing pole was missing, I would know right where to find him. I might even have to put in a dinner bell, just so I wouldn't actually have to go get him.
When Shawn asked me what I thought, I just let my smile answer.
My cheeks hurt from smiling so much.
But I think I'll live.


Matthew 19:26
But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.


Photobucket

7 comments:

Kelli said...

Oh, I hope you get it!! Word of warning though, living close to a lake in a wooded area: Invest in lots and lots of OFF. (we still stay eaten up) It is great having somewhere you feel safe letting the kids run and romp.

rthling said...

Girl, what are you doing up at this hour? You're nuts!
Okay, I still haven't been to sleep, so I'm nuts, too.

Tina said...

Yay, how exciting!! I hope you don't have to wait very long for an answer!

Where is it??

Let us know as SOON as you know!!!

Kelli said...

I got up hot (yes I know I should be too young for hot flashes, but they still come) and Samuel had a nightmare, so I stayed up.

Joanna said...

How exciting!! I'm doing the happy dance for you.

Chris said...

great house...GREAT buy! If this isn't God's best for you, then I can't WAIT to see what is:)

Anonymous said...

Since I'm a little late in reading this post - I'm always a day late and a dollar short, but it's the thought that counts, right??

Anyway, I hope you've slept since you posted this....and I hope you find out soon that your offer was accepted. It sounds dreamy....best of luck!