Monday, December 22, 2008

Revelation

Well, I'm ready to tell you all what I saw when I finished clearing out Hailey's closet.

Kelli and Tina noticed the itty-bitty hangers that we no longer need in our big-kid house. That's what struck me and left me teary.

Hailey isn't my baby girl anymore. She is getting to be quite grown up.

And what I saw hanging in the almost empty closet was a visual reminder that baby hanger days are slipping past, and we are moving on to big-kid/adult hangers.

So I had to take a picture.

Hold your babies a little tighter this Christmas for me, will you?
Photobucket

3 comments:

Kelli said...

aw... I had a similar experience this summer as I was getting ready to homeschool. I was looking through a catalog and turned to the "early learning" section. As I was noticing how all that stuff seemed too beneath Samuel, it hit me I no longer have "little" kids. While that is good in some areas (bathroom!!) it still seems a little sad that one phase has passed.

Tina said...

Aw...I'll squeeze mine for you, but if you'd like a turn, you're more than welcome!! :)

Shawn said...

Diane, Merry Christmas to you, sweet sister. Thank you for your kind words of encouragement. You have made a difficult year a little easier through those words. I pray the Lord's richest blessings on you and your family in 2009! Love, Shawn