Friday, February 6, 2009

Grilling Goodness #17


1. Have your children corrected you somehow this week?
No, they value their lives too much. When they were younger, Hailey would correct me all the time. It would irritate me no end, so I started a game. I would say, "Well, look-y there! The sky has turned purple with green spots!" and watch her nearly explode! She can't stand for someone to be wrong. I was trying to teach her that it is disrespectful for children to correct grown-ups, even when the grown-ups are wrong.

2. Are you waiting for a particular something to happen?
I'm waiting for my new cell phone to arrive from Hong Kong. It's a knock off of an iPhone, and I'm SO excited! I'm hoping it gets some kind of reception out here in the forest.
3. Do you chat online?
My cell phone doesn't work so well out here in the forest (see #2), so I text online using AIM quite a lot these days.

4. What is the oldest thing you own?
I am "borrowing" an antique bench from my Mom. I have no idea how old it is. I also have a painting that my grandmother painted.

5. What's for dinner tonight?
Pizza for a crowd.

6. Are you artistic?
Depends on what you mean by artistic. I am a pretty good actress, and I can sing, but I am not artsy. I can paint a mean wall, but not on canvas.

7. Are you getting an income tax refund? Plans for it?
Yes, we are horrible at saving, so we use the bank of the IRS to save (interest free, of course!). We always get back a return that always pays for something we need right at the moment.

8. Do you use 'zero payments/zero interest for XX months' to buy things?
No, we don't usually use these things because we don't like being in debt. And the whole 'zero payment/interest' thing is just a gimmick to get you in the door. Most people don't pay it off before the time frame, and end up paying it all anyway.
Photobucket

3 comments:

JMBMOMMY said...

Oh, I miss those tax returns--they are a great way to pay for THAT thing!!

Tina said...

1. Very good point.

2. Hmmm...can't wait to hear how that goes!

7. ha! Dave Ramsey says that's the worst savings plan ever!! But if it works for you...

8. We have ALWAYS paid it off on time...we are no fools!!

Glad you played...hope your company was good today!

Anonymous said...

Pixxa for a crowd huh? :) thank you for watching the children. Let us know if you ever want a night off and we can watch yours (here or there)