Friday, November 14, 2008

Grilling Goodness # 7


1. What's the worst thing you've ever sent through the washing machine/dryer?

Once I accidentally washed a disposable diaper. It disintegrated and little gel stuff was EVERYWHERE. What a mess. I did NOT put it in the dryer.


2. Do you do any of your Christmas shopping online?

I do some of it. Usually it depends what I'm looking for. I buy some stuff on eBay, and some stuff other places.


3. What are you looking forward to this Thanksgiving?

I am looking forward to taking the kids to NYC to see the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. They have never been in the city with us. They usually hang at grandma's house while Daddy and I go enjoy the day by ourselves. But this time, we wanted them to go with us. So we'll be enjoying the usual feast-ivities on Wednesday, the parade on Thursday, and on Friday...
SHOPPING!


4. What did you do before you had children that you miss doing now that you have children?
Shawn and I went to see more movies in the theater in the BC (before children) era.


5. Do you have a fireplace? (Do you use it?)

We have a wood burning stove in the current house. We use it a lot. I love a roaring fire. But there is no fire place at the new house. One of the few things I shall miss. I think I'll make another one like the one we built at the other house we used to have. It looked like this: (minus the children, of course.)




6. Do medical shows showing surgeries and blood freak you out?
I don't really mind watching medical shows, but I can't watch the bloody parts for very long; after awhile, I do start to freak out.


7. How long have you lived where you live?
We have lived in the current house for just over two years. But I'm moving into our new house, where I would like to spend the rest of my life.


8. What is one of your favorite seasonal items?
I'm with Tina on this one. I like all things yummy smelling: candles, potpourri simmer stuff, baking things...
The smells of the holiday season are my favorite parts of the memories.
Photobucket

4 comments:

Kelli said...

One time I put put a pair of Mark's shorts in the washer without checking all fifty (it seems like) pockets. One of said unchecked pockets had a book in it. The clothes had to be washed two or three times to get all the paper pulp out of them.
The picture of the kiddos is precious!!

Smiling Shelly said...

You BUILT that fireplace??? WOW!! Impressive!

I played too :)

Tina said...

1. EW! Ick!

3. How fun. I'm not jealous...not at all!

4. Yes, I miss this too!

5. Sweet picture...

8. Mmmmmm....

rthling said...

Shelly, Yep! We built the fireplace cabinet, but not the firebox.
PS. (we built the kids, too ;)