Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Looks like we made it

After spending the night first with Zac in his pouch on my chest, and then in his bed next to my chair, I finally moved to the couch, so I could stretch out. We are through the night and it was the longest, yet. I have to go to a thing at the place this morning, but when I get home, I think I'll take a nap.

I'm pretty sure I've earned it.

Zaccheus is re-hydrated. I have been giving him water from a bottle between his feedings. And this morning I have found him in a puddle when I woke him for his last two feedings. This is normal. This is good. It means he is urinating properly. After feeding him and changing his puppy pad, I put him in his warm, dry bed.

Sleep well, little one.

One of us should.

2 comments:

Lorrie said...

Good to hear he's doing well. Alex told me she saw him a church sunday and talked about how cute and tiny he is. I would love to see him. I am afraid if we did we would not be able to resist the temptation of wanting a puppy. Our Sophie is a great dog but she likes being the only child. She would never say that outloud though. That's a golden for you.
So now Zach is a mortorcyle riding, church going dude. You could write a childrens book on the adventures of Zachy. Hmmm...

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! He made it through yet another ordeal. This little guy is one tough pup.